Saturday, March 27, 2010

Tiny Feet Bring Big Lessons


Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And lean not on your own understanding
Proverbs 3:5

One of the hardest lessons I have been learning throughout this pregnancy , and will probably continue to do so throughout my life, is to not try to understand the ways of the Lord and simply trust in Him. The Lord my God clearly states that my thoughts are not His thoughts, nor my ways His ways (Isaiah 55:8).

Not questioning His plan does not come easy to me. I want to know why and how and when and where and why and why and why. Quite often there is never an answer to the why. But as I turn back to scripture there is always the ultimate answer. The why is to always for God's glory. Of course that leads to the how does this bring glory to His name and often we are the vessels serving Christ never know that answer. 

The only thing that brings me peace in all this is to know that there is a greater reason for this trial. That in this is the will of my Sovereign and Loving God and He has a plan and it's a good plan (Jeremiah 29:11). I rest knowing that He has a good plan for Zion (Jeremy 29:11) and that He loves that little dark haired fellow far more than I can ever imagine. 

I pray that I will see God in all this and that I not see this as an attack from the enemy but as a chance to shine for our heavenly Father and trust in HIS mighty hands. 

5 comments:

rebecca said...

Good Morning Emily,
I just wanted to check in on you and your family and see how everything is going? Please note that I am continuing to pray and trusting in HIM.
God Bless,
Rebecca

Emily said...

Hey Rebecca. Thank you for your prayers! We are doing well. I got to spend lots of time with the little girls today so that is a great ointment to the wound of missing Zion. Things have been improving for Zion and we hope to get a more complete update this evening. Thank you again and God bless you and your family.

Alice said...

Emily, I am waiting on God to hear what He might have me say here to encourage you and bless you. I just want to let you know that I am thinking of you and Zion and your husband and little girls, and praying for each of you. If God puts something on my heart to share with you I will be back to share it! :)

I hope this evening's update at the hospital will bring good news. xx

Laura said...

Thanks for being such a wonderful example to all of us, Emily. :)

Christine said...

God has taught me so much with baby #4. I am so grateful for His faithfulness. Praying for you, Em!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails