Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Zion my Lion

Zion is a few weeks shy of being 4 months (the 26th). He weighs in at a whopping 18 pounds and 5 ounces and 25 inches long. : ) He's thankfully, no longer gaining a pound a week. Now it's more like half a pound. For the last few days he's been nursing every 2 1/3 to 3 hours which is a great improvement from the first three months when it was every 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours. He's been having some rough nights and while his night feedings were a bit more stretched out they are now every 3 hours or so as well. He still sleeps between Jeremy and I in our king bed. I try to swaddle him since he sleeps better that way but he breaks free and ends up with flying arms.

He's usually such a happy laid back baby. He spends most of his time in his papasan swing (borrowed), including naps. Bad habit, I know. I've got it on my list of things to work on. : ) He laughs and "talks" alot. I can't quite remember what is typical of 4 month olds but even though he was 3 weeks early I don't think his development is too far behind. His hair is thinning out and I'm sorry to see it go. MY hair is falling out as well and I am sad to see it so too!!! He hates being in any kind of carrier which is a heart breaker for me but I pray it's just a phase and as he ages he will at least like the Ergo (my favorite). Despite all the mumbo jumbo about not bonding if you are separated from your baby after birth (it was 4 hours before I saw him and several days before I held him), or not having the chance to breastfeed within the first hour (he was over a week old before I could nurse him) , I am willing to say I have a stronger bond with him at this age than I did with either of the girls.

7 comments:

blessedmama said...

Em he's such a sweetie! Isn't the mommy/son bond neat? I just think it's so amazing...and here we were nervous that we wouldn't be able to relate to our sons...guess god takes care of that from the get-go, huh? ;)

Christine said...

Zion is just precious! I had to wait to nurse my son till he was almost 24 hours old. (They had given him sugar water and told me that he didn't need me.) I am extremely close to my son, so I know exactly what you mean. Olivia is still sleeping with us and we love it! :)

Alice said...

He's so GORGEOUS!!! What a great job you are doing with that happy little roly poly boy! :)

Lauren Christine said...

I was pretty sad about losing my "pretty pregnancy" hair... one of the many benefits of being pregnant- thick, lustrous hair!! Not to worry though, they say you don't lose too much extra, just what you gained while you were pregnant. :) He is SO adorable!!! Look at those cheeks!!! :)

Dear Abbi said...

He is adorable!! I could just kiss those cheeks right through the computer screen. :)

Jenna said...

So fun to hear about your little guy. He looks so yummy!!

We just found out that the little one we're expecting in October is a girl! I'm really excited to be a mommy to both boys and a girl. :)

Emily said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments. : )

Jenna,
Congratulations on your little girl. I love having both sexes. : ) Keep me posted on your pregnancy!!

Much love,

Emily

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails