Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Calling Pregnant (or previously) Mamas



As you all know I am afflicted with varicose veins this time around. As I recently told someone, when I was pregnant with my first child my biggest fear was stretch marks. Now pregnant with #4 in less than 5 years I don't have a single stretch mark. But I would trade a number of my ailments for those previously dreaded stretch marks. : )

I would like to "talk" with any of you that have or have had varicose veins. I would love to know how to handled them and if you found a way to "help" them, especially along the lines of natural "stuff". Please email me at jeremyandem (at) gmail (dot) com if you are willing to share with them.

Every blessing,
Emily

8 comments:

Laura said...

I'll email you. I've got them bad. :(

Dear Abbi said...

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that your vericose veins are bothering you! I've never had them, so can't offer any advice. My sister suffers from them. She spends a lot of time resting, but I can't remember if she suggests anything else. I will ask her. I hope you can manage until the big day when your sweet arrives!!

Emily, wife of Jeremy said...

Abbi, Mom of the beautiful baby girl,
I would love to hear if your sister does anything else. Is she the same sister who has the big baby boys? : )

joyfilled said...

You know I have them and hate them. I've tried Horse Chestnut and something else (forget) in combination with it, but no such luck there. I also have high quality compression stockings that I wear on my calves sometimes but I hate those things. I can't remember what it was, but I recently read about something topical (and natural) that is supposed to help...I'll have to see if I can find it.

Rebecca said...

I have them, I think it's a type of yeast overgrowth problem. With all my research, Dr. Visits and natural meds. I would saythe best thing is NO SUGAR, lots of water,& exercise. (ha, like we don't get enough of that) But seriously, it seems to improve for me if I stya away from anything with sugar and yeast in it....? & I think it's just blood circulation problems as well.Don't bother going to the Dr. they only want to hand out drugs and they will never say anything about the yeast, but google it and see if you have any of the symtems for "yeast overgrowth" We all have it, just effects others more than some!
Good luck with your baby girl!

Emily, wife of Jeremy said...

Brynna,
I actually didn't know that you had them. How did I miss that?

Rebecca,
Thank you. I am off to check that out. Have a blessed day.

joyfilled said...

We had a talk about it a while back when I said I have had them horribly starting at like 18 (courtesy of my mom's genes) and you told me you had them badly too. ;)

Emily, wife of Jeremy said...

Brynna,
Tells you how bad my memory is. Eck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails